Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I am currently working on our hay supply for the rabbits. I have a very complicated system. I cut down hand fulls of tall grass and throw it on a sheet and my fancy drying rack. Don't be jealous when you see my fancy setup!
This was the first batch after a day of drying.

Yep, cattle panel on blocks of wood. 

Fancy, huh?

I tie it up in a bundle and put it in the cabin overnight then put the bundle out for an extra day to continue drying.



This was the day I cut this batch. I got a little carried away with the cutting. I don't like to get too much at once so everything has plenty of room to dry.

When everything is completely dry, I stuff all of it in a burlap bag, tie it up and hang it in the potting shed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.