Monday, February 10, 2014

        I am very irritated at our Broken Black Otter Rex doe (Nibbles) this morning. When I did the chores, I saw that she had just had her litter. She did not pull any fur to cover them. They were still moving, but barely. They were very, very cold. I grabbed the whole box, went down to Flipper, our Champagne D'Argent doe that has a litter that's starting to get in and out of the box on their own, and grabbed several hand fulls of her nesting material and shoved it in Nibbles' nest box. Bringing it in the house I warmed up the babies, lined the little bit of nest that Nibbles had made with the material from Flippers box and put everyone in it, covering it with more Flipper material. They are now squirming around and making noise. I guess we will have some house guests for a few days. I will take the box to Nibbles a few times today for her to feed. As it was, it took two months for her to even lift for this breeding, and it wasn't for Scooter, our Rex buck. She finally lifted for Zippo, our Creme d'Argent. GRRRR.........Nibbles is very high on my watch list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.