Friday, July 18, 2014

Twenty-seven years ago today, I was walked down the aisle by my father to my high school sweetheart. I knew without a doubt that he was THE ONE. I knew the first time I saw him. The first day of high school, he got on that bus, I thought he was the best looking guy I had ever seen: broad shoulders and beautiful eyes.

We started "going together" in October of that year and have never looked back. I was not allowed to date until I was 16. He would come over to see me every Saturday. We would watch TV, go for a walk in the woods (my brother was with us) and just spend time together. We talked and talked. We discussed our future, what we wanted in life, what we thought about every topic under the sun, lol. We created a history, a foundation for our lives and a map for our future. Times were rough for us a lot. There never seemed to be enough money, still isn't. We've always worked together to get through everything that life throws at us: job layoffs, lost jobs, a miscarriage, accidents, health issues, etc, etc....And of course the most wonderful things in life: our sons, our grandchildren, our extended families, who have also always been there. We love all you guys so much!!

It seems like a long time ago, but at the same time, just like it was yesterday. I can't wait to see what the next 27+ years look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.