Thursday, June 30, 2016

Rabbit Miscarriage

We have a doe that I have been keeping a close eye on for several weeks. She's been eating very little and not even drinking much considering how hot it's been.

I went to the rabbitry this morning and saw she had about five clumps of afterbirth under her pen. I also found a rabbit fetus. She was 23 days along. Obviously there was something wring with this pregnancy since they should have been a lot further developed than this.



Hopefully she passed everything she needed too so she doesn't have any further problems. 

I will put her box in when she was supposed to have it in and I will continue to watch her. 

The good news though, as soon as I put feed in her feeder she got right up to it and started eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.