Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday

We went to my dad's house for Easter today. We had a very yummy meal and had a nice visit with dad. It has been about five years since I went "home". Unfortunately the only reason I hadn't was because of the house having had animals in it. I am allergic to dogs and cats. With fabric furniture and carpet, I would be miserable instantly when I went in. We used to go every Christmas Eve, but with the winter time and the house being hot and the windows closed, I had trouble breathing, my tongue would actually itch, my chest felt heavy and my face would itch.....all within moments of going in the house. No allergy pills would help. The only option was to not go at all.

Now that Dewayne is home all the time, we can go to dad's more often. We can go when it's nice out and the windows are open. Dad said he's going to change out the carpet soon too. He no longer has the animals in the house, so over time, the allergens hopefully will dissipate. I hadn't realized how much I missed being there. Looking forward to going more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.