Monday, April 1, 2013

With gardening time just around the corner (finally!!), I start thinking back to when I was a kid. We would have a small garden at home, but my grandpa loved gardening and had a big one every year. Mom and us kids would go help grandma at canning time in exchange for some canned items to take home. I remember snapping beans and shelling peas in particular. I can't really recall if I liked doing it or not. Wouldn't have mattered any way, we still had to do it!

Now when I do the canning, I wish I could call grandma with a canning question, or grandpa with a gardening question. I have some of grandpa's old gardening books. Guess that will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.