Monday, May 19, 2014

Another day changed for me....I should know not to actually make a plan on what I will do for the day as it changes before I can get things even started. 

We lost a doe (Californian rabbit) today. She had problems giving birth. She has a nest full of 7 healthy little fat babies but she didn't make it. We had a Creme d'Argent have a litter of 6 this morning so I have fostered 3 to her. We have a Rex doe due today so hoping she can foster the remaining Cal litter with her own. 

Good thing is, the Cal babies look like they were fed by the momma before she died, so that will give us time to wait for the Rex.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.