Sunday, June 8, 2014

Infusing Olive Oil with Plantain and Calendula



I harvested some plantain yesterday. My darling hubby left a patch by the house that nobody walks in. I took some pictures to show how I infuse olive oil to make my salves.
As I picked the leaves, I cleaned each one, making sure to brush off any dirt that may have gotten on them the night before when we got a downpour.


Next, I put them in the crock pot and added some Calendula that we grew last year.



Then I covered them with olive oil.
I set the crock pot on low heat for a little while (maybe an hour?) We had to leave yesterday afternoon and I didn't want to leave the crock pot on, so I just shut it off and left it covered.


When we got home, I strained the plantain and Calendula out and this is what's left.
You can see the difference in the oil on the right and what has the infused oil on the left.

I plan to make several salves with this little bit of oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.