Friday, July 24, 2015

Sometimes I have a hard time making a decision. Right now, it's the ducks. Do we keep them or sell them?

We raised Lucy and Daffy from ducklings. We got them when they were only a few days old. I'm kind of attached to them. Lucy and Daffy used to fly out of their pen every day and follow me around while I was doing chores. I know they thought I should have fed them first, that's why they followed me around. Still, it was nice to have company and someone to talk to.

Now comes the hard part. Ducks are extremely messy. They smell, they poop everywhere (I thought we were gonna have to change our farm name to "Duck Poop Acres"), they always have dirty water as well as all of the other animals since everything that holds water is their own little swimming pool. All this being said, it adds to my work load.

I have come to the final decision that my buddies have to go to a new home. They stay in their pen now, since we trimmed Lucy's wing and Daffy got too big to fly, but I know what good foragers they are. I don't feel it's right to pen them up just because I don't want them pooping all over the property. Only two ducks don't make that much of a mess, but Lucy was teaching all 21 ducklings how to hunt too. That's a LOT of duck poop!!

So again, final decision has been made........hasn't it?? I guess I'll see what I think tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.