Thursday, July 18, 2013

Okay, so I didn't get as much done on Tuesday as I had planned. Turns out I got to babysit a sweet little baby girl instead:) Mommy had to take Camden to the doctor for a VERY swollen ear. Poor kid, it looked so painful. We think he had spider bites on his ear and a couple on his neck. He's fine now.

Wednesday is when I canned the rabbit and started the sauerkraut.

 I am "taking the day off" today since it is our anniversary:) Twenty-six years today. Can't wait for another 26+!

Tomorrow I plan to harvest again. Probably beans and more cucumbers for pickles. We went out back last night and picked a couple of gallons of berries. This weekend we plan to get more. Some day soon will be a major jelly makin' day! Tomatoes are just about there. We're watching a couple that just make you want to drool at the sight of them. Today or tomorrow? Can't wait!

Due to the heat all week, I have to check critters more often. I have been misting the rabbit shed about every hour or so. The huge fan helps but the misting brings down the temperature for a little while. They have been handling things nicely. NOTE: To cool a rabbit quickly, take a wet washcloth and drape over their ears, or get your hands wet and rub the ears, being careful not to drip water down into the ears. I also have taken a mister bottle to them before. Cool their ears and it will cool them. If they look wet around their mouth and they are breathing very rapidly, get busy quick!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.