Monday, April 14, 2014

As I sit here and watch it snow, I am thinking back to the awesome weather we've had, even though it was a tease.
We got a lot done around here. We got our front fence fixed and one of the trees cleaned up out of the yard (both damaged due to the severe winter weather).
We got the front salad garden planted with lettuce and two kinds of kale. In the main garden we got the potatoes. radishes and spinach all planted. There was also some rabbitry cleaning and reorganizing, along with building and hanging new cages.
Daryle and his family came over for a little while and Davy was home too. It's nice to have everyone around at the same time. 
For the last few days, I've been going through my craft room. It has usually been just a storage room of sorts and a place to start our garden plants. Works well for all that, but now I am wanting to get more into my soapmaking and body products. I am sending a lot of craft stuff to my younger sister (crafter) and fabrics all go to my mom and older sister (quilters).
There is so much to do around here! I am so far behind in house cleaning it's pathetic. I have to get the Spring cleaning done very soon. As soon as the weather changes for good, I will be outside pretty much all day. The barn needs cleaned out from the winter and needs to be reorganized as well as the yard needing cleaned up and getting it ready to start mowing. 
For now, all the work that needs to be done yet is feeling overwhelming. I think I'll just watch it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.