Monday, March 7, 2016

TODAY IS MARCH 7, 2016

Today is March 7, 2016.
Today I moved the started plants to the small greenhouse outside. It’s supposed to be in the 60’s all week so we’ll see how that goes. This is Illinois after all. If it cools down too much next week I can always bring them back in.IMG_4728
Today I also got the “chickery” set-up. That’s our inside-on-the-back-porch-set up for our new chicks that I will be picking up tomorrow or Wednesday. We just use one of our rubber stock tanks set on saw horses. The back porch temperature is cooler than anywhere else in the house, but easier to maintain then being out in the barn. They will stay in that for the week, then be moved to the big brooder in the barn. I like to keep them close for awhile.IMG_4732
Today I moved the quail. We had them in three different pens and I put them all into one. We just got them on Saturday and I still am not really sure what I want to do with them. They are outside in the rabbit hutches and are fine, but I might decide to move them to the barn. They are very messy critters I have discovered. That’s one reason I don’t want them in the barn. As messy and wasteful as they are with their food, I don’t want them to draw in rodents. The other birds are out there, but they clean up all of their food pretty good.IMG_4706
Today I moved the recent batch of meat birds from the brooder to the goat stall and kicked the goats outside. Don’t worry, the goats are fine. They usually love being outside anyway. They have their pasture shelter that they seem to prefer to being in the barn. I just choose to feed them in the barn during the winter so it’s easier for me. That way I don’t have to pack hay and water out through the pasture.IMG_4727
IMG_4710
The Pasture House for the goats
I don’t know what else I will do. Times a wasting. Need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and comments. Just be nice or your comments will be deleted. We raise our rabbits for meat. If this bothers you, please feel free to get off the site.